Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

Once again sorry for the lack of posts lately (i see this being a common theme). Here's a little something.

Highlights of the last few months
In Service Training in Azrou where all the volunteers who came over together got to meet up.
A fun couple fun days in Fes after IST.
Hanneke came and visited my site for a week.
My language does seem to be improving.
We have a great new Country Director.
I (hopefully) have a bee/honey production project in the works.
Thanksgiving at my house was great.
The other volunteers I have near me.
I bought a heater.
I have a kitty cat. (I went out the other day to buy a coke and came home with a 3 legged cat....I really should make shopping lists)

Frustrations
Language is not improving rapidly.
My field trip project fell through due to lack of transporation.
My computer broke
Long cold dark lonely nights with no computer
Saying goodbye to Kareem (former business volunteer who completed service)
Saying goodbye to Hassan (my best Moroccan buddy who went back to teaching in Rich)
Did I mention its really cold and wet?

All in all though things are good and I had much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Hanneke and I are headed to Spain (Madrid and Granada) for Christmas which I'm super excited about. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I wish you Happy Holidays!

No comments: